Board Logo

 Username:    Password:    Stay logged in: Welcome Guest. Please Login or Register.  Feb 20th, 2018, 5:16pm

This is General Talk, Not the support board.
If you have a support query, then please post on the SUPPORT board.
Thank you.


« Previous Topic | Next Topic »
Pages: 1  Notify Send Topic Print
 thread  Author  Topic: Share your Desktop!  (Read 1202 times)
Dalton
Ex-Shiny Gold Star Club Member
Conforums Administrator


member is offline

Avatar



AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1777
xx Share your Desktop!
« Thread started on: Jan 4th, 2016, 5:18pm »

We used to have one of these but it has fallen to the age of time. This is a thread to post your current desktop. To give an insight to your life and work or just show off your new background.

http://i.imgur.com/0KT1FpI.jpg

(My desktop)
User IP Logged

User Image
DallasCHVN
Member


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 23
xx Re: Share your Desktop!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 4th, 2016, 5:26pm »

http://i.imgur.com/6WP190v.jpg
This is a few days old. I now have Windows 10. The photo shows the specs too smiley
User IP Logged

My forum
http://computersetc.conforums.com/
DallasCHVN
Member


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 23
xx Re: Share your Desktop!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 4th, 2016, 5:27pm »

on Jan 4th, 2016, 5:18pm, Dalton wrote:
We used to have one of these but it has fallen to the age of time. This is a thread to post your current desktop. To give an insight to your life and work or just show off your new background.

http://i.imgur.com/0KT1FpI.jpg

(My desktop)

Cool! What's the screen resolution?
User IP Logged

My forum
http://computersetc.conforums.com/
Dalton
Ex-Shiny Gold Star Club Member
Conforums Administrator


member is offline

Avatar



AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1777
xx Re: Share your Desktop!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 4th, 2016, 9:20pm »

Well that only included two of my three monitors (the one on the left had work related stuff on it.) but I have two 1980 x 1060 monitors that make up the left and center panels and a 1600 x 900 on the right side.

(For anyone interested my rig is a)

i7-4970S @ 3.5 GHz (overclocked)
24GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
250GB SSD
2TB HDD
SLI'd NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 x2 (EVGA brand)

I use the rig for work as my primary development rig and for gaming.
« Last Edit: Jan 4th, 2016, 9:21pm by Dalton » User IP Logged

User Image
DallasCHVN
Member


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 23
xx Re: Share your Desktop!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 4th, 2016, 9:41pm »

on Jan 4th, 2016, 9:20pm, Dalton wrote:
Well that only included two of my three monitors (the one on the left had work related stuff on it.) but I have two 1980 x 1060 monitors that make up the left and center panels and a 1600 x 900 on the right side.

(For anyone interested my rig is a)

i7-4970S @ 3.5 GHz (overclocked)
24GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
250GB SSD
2TB HDD
SLI'd NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 x2 (EVGA brand)

I use the rig for work as my primary development rig and for gaming.

Everything but the RAM speed is better than my PC.

AMD A8 Black Edition 3.9 Ghz (overclockable to 4.2) 16GB RAM DDR3 1866mhz, 1TB HDD, AMD Radeon HD Integrated graphics (GPU boost on) Wireless N150, 1920x1080@60hz.
User IP Logged

My forum
http://computersetc.conforums.com/
Dalton
Ex-Shiny Gold Star Club Member
Conforums Administrator


member is offline

Avatar



AIM
Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 1777
xx Re: Share your Desktop!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 4th, 2016, 10:29pm »

Ohmy I would sooner not have a computer than use integrated graphics. Such a huge bottleneck.
User IP Logged

User Image
DallasCHVN
Member


member is offline

Avatar




Homepage PM

Gender: Male
Posts: 23
xx Re: Share your Desktop!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 4th, 2016, 10:31pm »

on Jan 4th, 2016, 10:29pm, Dalton wrote:
Ohmy I would sooner not have a computer than use integrated graphics. Such a huge bottleneck.

I'm still buying more extras for it. I built the PC and haven't completed it yet. I want at least 4GB dedicated video memory
User IP Logged

My forum
http://computersetc.conforums.com/
Pages: 1  Notify Send Topic Print
« Previous Topic | Next Topic »

Back To Top
Donate $6.99 for 50,000 Ad-Free Pageviews!

| |

This forum powered for FREE by Conforums ©
Sign up for your own Free Message Board today!
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Conforums Support | Parental Controls